“Today marks six months since the September 11, 2012 terrorist attacks on the U.S. compounds in Benghazi, Libya in which four Americans were killed, including U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens. Some watchdog groups, members of the media and Republican members of Congress are asking: Where are the more than two dozen U.S. personnel who survived the attack but haven’t been seen nor heard from in public since? There were also an undisclosed number of witnesses at the U.S. compounds in Tripoli but they also have not spoken publicly.”
Additionally; [Excerpts] A source familiar with material turned over to the Senate Intelligence Committee by the Obama Administration in response tells CBS News that long sought-after FBI transcripts of some survivors were included but had been “blacked out” or redacted. Three Senate Republicans including Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., say they want the survivors to be made available for interviews about what happened the night of the attacks.
CBS News has filed multiple Freedom of Information requests for Benghazi-related material, but none has been provided. Judicial Watch, a watchdog group, is suing the U.S. government in an attempt to receive some of the denied information.
© 2013 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
What do these people know that can still hurt Obama after the election?
Is CBS getting a late developing case of journalistic ethics over their dereliction of duty last fall and will it result in their starting to tell the American people about the how this “Phone Call at 3AM” was handled by Obama/Clinton?
- Troops and aircraft less than an hour away were never sent even though the battle went on for six hours.
- No one woke up the President of the United States after his Ambassador (his plenipotentiary and personal representative) was killed. And was the big election fundraiser the next morning the reason?
- Was a Gay man sent as a representative to an Arab, Muslim state in the throes of civil war and near anarchy?
- Why was the truth and full details of the heroic deaths of two American fighting men buried with them and the people responsible for denying them support protected?
- Is the truth that the Ambassador was murdered and his body desecrated, or is the fairy tale about an mob of local Arabs attempting to save him true. If so, do pigs fly?