One person is dead and at least 14 people are injured after SUV plows into Apple store outside Boston at ‘high speed’ and leaves building on verge of collapse
- At least 14 people have been taken to a local hospital after a vehicle crashed into an Apple store outside of Boston on Monday morning, with four in critical condition
- One person has died in the chaotic aftermath
- Witnesses say the unidentified driver was bloodied in the aftermath but survived the crash
- As many as four people were trapped inside the building at the time, but authorities say everyone has now been rescued
- Several people have been spotted being taken out of the store in Hingham, Massachusetts on stretchers
pjrae54 commented recently that reading my blog on local stories makes him glad he decided to leave Massachusetts.
I’m sure he is familiar with that store and is wondering, as I am, how the Hell could someone could attain “High Speed” in that area and accidentally hit the Apple store. There is a ninety degree corner for traffic coming in one direction and coming out of the back parking lot the Apple store is masked by Burtons restaurant. This is very disturbing.
Prayers for the injured and the dead.
This is now a criminal investigation.
I hate anything to do with Apple, but I’d never smash my car into an Apple store.
David, you were never a suspect.
Why would such an act have to be ‘accidental’. Lord knows there are countless insane, evil malignant people out there, most of whom having access to vehicles.
It’s not like this would be the first time someone has willfully mowed down innocents
with a two ton weapon. Happens a lot more than many people want to admit.
pjrae54 responds: Yes, I’m very familiar with the Derby Shoppes. When last imprisoned in Massachusetts I lived maybe 2 miles away in Weymouth. And, yes, I was also curious as to how a Toyota Highlander can attain high speed with such a short runway. Either way: looks like MA will be inheriting the “Florida Man” title. Hope the survivors aren’t too badly hurt.