Sounds about right.

Aesop at Raconteur Report summarizes the “middle case” for ” ordinary corona virus, with a 3% death rate (on average), and it spreads apace, like they do. An excerpt:

We’ll know sooner than a month. Those 5 initial U.S. cases started cropping up here about 14 days ago, so we’ll start seeing second-tier infections soon, if there are any. And if both our governmental overlords,and the ABCNNBCBS media, decides we should know about it. If we get 10-20 new cases shortly, we’re probably screwed.

At that rate, absent any other mitigating factors, it’s nationwide by around Christmas this year, and perhaps far sooner. And even with simple corona virus, that’s potentially up to 9M dead by then.
(3% of 300M or so). Pretty grim, all in all. If you get the short straw. Not so much if you’re in the other 97%. Sorry, but there it is.

About On the North River

Forty years toiled in the Tel-com industry, married for 36 years widowed at sixty-one. New girlfriend at sixty-five. Was a Tea Party supporter. Today a follower of the Last American President to be honestly elected, Donald J. Trump.
This entry was posted in All the News not fit to print., China, News and opinion. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply but please keep it Legal.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s