Guest: Truisms

 Truisms.

 If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive, they’d eventually find me attractive.

I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom  until they’re flashing behind you.

Today a man knocked on my door and asked for a small donation towards the local swimming pool so I gave him a glass of water.

I changed my password to “incorrect” so whenever I forget it the computer will say, “Your password is incorrect.”

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I’m great at multitasking  I can waste time, be unproductive, and procrastinate all at once.

If you can smile when things go wrong you have someone in mind to blame.

Never tell your problems to anyone, because 20 percent don’t care, and the other 80 percent are glad that it is you that has them.

Doesn’t expecting the unexpected mean  that the unexpected is actually expected?

Take my advice — I’m not using it.

My wife and I were happy for twenty years   then we met.

I hate it when people use big words just to make themselves sound perspicacious.

Hospitality is the art of making guests feel like they’re at home when you wish they were.

Television may insult your intelligence, but nothing rubs it in like a computer.

I bought a vacuum cleaner six months ago and so far all it’s been doing is gathering dust.

Every time someone comes up with a foolproof solution, along comes a more talented fool.

I’ll bet you $4,567 you can’t guess how much I owe my bookie.

Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.

If you keep your feet firmly on the ground, you’ll have trouble putting on your pants.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Ever stop to think and forget to start again?

When I married Ms. Right, I had no idea her first name was Always.

My wife got 8 out 10 on her driver’s test  the other two guys managed to jump out of her way.

There may be no excuse for laziness  but I’m still looking.

Women spend more time wondering what men are thinking than men spend thinking.

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Is it wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly?

Women sometimes make fools of men, but most guys are the do-it-yourself type.

I was going to give him a nasty look, but he already had one.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

The grass may be greener on the other side   but at least you don’t have to mow it.

I like long walks, especially when they’re taken by people who annoy me.

I was going to wear my camouflage shirt today  but I couldn’t find it.

If at first you don’t succeed skydiving is not for you.

Money is the root of all wealth.

No matter how much you push the envelope  it’ll still be stationery.

Advertisements

About On the North River

Forty years toiled in the Tel-com industry, married for 36 years widowed at sixty-one. Tea Party supporter. Do like to kayak, cook, take photos, bike, watch old movies and read. 66 years old and have a new girlfriend!
This entry was posted in Guest, Jokes, News and opinion. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply but please keep it polite.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s